Sunday, August 2, 2009

Friendship & Love

Country

I ask myself sometimes where did this new me come from
Where has me gone, what has me done
I seem to have lost a lot but some how me won
And all my life, life has never been about me
I placed myself last so it last so I tried to be

I always prayed to the skies to see if he would answer from above
Mr. Multicultural experienced different variations of love
All that, no fit, like O,J's glove
I wasn't patient for love, I was chasing for hugs
For every "trophy" that I got, there was always a new replacement for her
I wasn't no pretty boy get money or some want to be thug
I was more about loving not the sensible stuff
At the parties I was smooth but the relations was rough
I was pretending to be single because being faithful was tough

I had that glitter type chick, one that ruled the mall
Or that athletic tough chick that love to play ball
Even the small loud chicks with the egos to tall
The tomboy chick that was chilling on the wall
The artist chick, that loved to paint when she draw
The hottest girl in school where every guy dropped there jaws
Or the chick that was smart, that could write papers with no flaw
Or the strong militant chick that use them words when she brawl
The ones with the skin tight jeans to make butt look mean with the big breast cause there bra too small
Those freaky night themes, the ones that do the creeping after 12 and drinking to they crawl
The church going woman that relies on Jesus for the call
By senior lady hello freshmen in the fall
Not to hype myself, but being me got them stalled
From different races to pretty faces, competition I just had to catch them all

But I over looked the one person who knew me best
The one who treats you like a friend that don't compare to the rest
She knew all my secrets, she talk the stress off my chest
She would say I don't like that girl or something like I guess
Lust took me for a ride but love got me to confess
Friends should stay friends but my heart was saying yes
Other chicks was never on it so she was always the best
We were friends that became more but it wasn't our time yet
Our friendship discovered love, more love beyond sex
I searched all around the world but not once did I check
The one that knows me the most would be the one I that I get
The one who was my friend, my sista, the other half to my love set
If love is mental I pray its like my soul's faith
My friend, became my love, my life, my soulmate...

No comments:

Post a Comment